Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Product Review: Wink of Stella Glitter Brushes Part 1

Have you ever used a Wink of Stella Glitter Brush?
If you have been to the LBH lately we have been featuring these brushes on lots of projects and make & takes!
We challenged our LBH Media Team this month and sent them all a Wink of Stella Glitter Brush.....
Keep reading to find out how they used their Wink of Stella Glitter Brush and what they thought about this new glittery tool!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lindsey Banner's Wink of Stella Review
This Wink of Stella brush pen works beautifully.  I received the color Gold in my Media team Kit!
I will say we started on a rough foot, to get it started you have to remove the black ring and when is says gently squeeze- squeeze it even more gently.Even with the initial flood I created, once I wiped it back and forth a few times I was ready to go.I tried some script handwriting, doodles, lines, dots, just about everything and it was wonderful. 
The brush tip allows you to create fine lines and broad strokes without a masterful know
ledge of calligraphy.  It’s very easy to use and the effect is unmatched by any product I have used.
I have the gold color and it’s sparkle is terrific.  With one stroke it’s a light sparkle, with multiple passes its bold and tints the paper a fantastic shimmering yellow-gold tone.   It works amazing on dark papers, used on black cardstock the effect is gorgeous.  I’ve used this brush pen on just about everything I make lately. A touch here and there, a few dots or outlines- it creates so much interest and a remarkable shadow effect. 
​ In this application I colored over the Authentique, Crush- Impression paper. 
It’s a white-ish paper with some ruled lines in it.  This was done with about 3 passes and the color is amazing.  Maybe you also notice I made a few dashes on the bow to create a shadow effect.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vicki Chrisman's Wink of Stella Review

Hi everyone, Vicki here to share a card I made with some shimmery accents added with my Wink Of Stella Glitter brush. I received the color Silver in my Media Kit! I used my Wink of Stella Glitter brush to highlight the edge around the printed saying I used on my card, also on the little diamond at the top and to go over the letters themselves.  I was so amazed at how easy the brush was to use. The fine tip made even the smallest areas easy to fill and finest lines easy to trace over.  The fact that you have this constant flow without having to dip the brush tip or re prime, make using this a dream.  I only wish the beautiful results were easier to capture with the camera, so that I could show off the shimmery look of the finished project to you a better.  Hopefully in the last photo where I tipped the card to the light you can at least see the shimmer a bit, but it still doesn’t do justice to how it looks in real life.  A beautiful added touch that really finishes of  a project.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nadine Carlier's Wink of Stella Review
Nadine used her Wink of Stella Brush to add the finishing touches on her Layout.
I created some flowers onto the background using a Wink of Stella Glitter Brush in Gold.
To create the flowers, I pressed the side of the brush onto the paper to make a petal. Repeated it 5-6 times in a circle to create the flower. Depending on how much of the tip you press down on its side will determine how big your flower is. I suggest practicing a few times on a scrap piece of paper before trying it on your layout. This was the 1st time I have ever used the WOS and I absolutely loved it. I love how smoothly they go on and the amount of glitter that shows up on the paper is stunning. I will definitely be getting more of these in other colors!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Angi Barrs' Wink of Stella Review
I love making party favors and used the kit to make mini popcorn buckets.
I used small glass mason jars and dressed them up with Pink Paislee's Bella Rouge collection.
I decorated the front of the jars by using wood pieces and a heart chipboard from the same Pink Paislee collection. I used the Wink of Stella brush (Silver) to color the wood piece. After it dried I added on an additional embellishment for a layered effect. The brushes are a great way to jazz up your embellishments. It works great on a variety of surfaces.
All in all, I give the brushes a thumbs up! They are quick, easy, and did not leave a mess behind.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Susan Tidwell's Wink of Stella Review

This is Susan Tidwell with a review of the Wink of Stella Brushes. Let's just say they are awesome and I LOVE them! They give beautiful shimmer to your projects and are versatile and easy to use. Be sure to keep the packaging when you first open the marker and follow the easy but explicit directions for opening and priming it! Below I share several different techniques with the Wink of Stella (WOS) Red Glitter Brush I received in my LBH media team kit this month.

 I created this layout using the beautiful "Crush" paper collection from Authentique. This paper collection is Valentine and heart-themed but the papers worked very well for a baby layout!
(This layout was an exercise in limited supplies. My daughter delivered her baby 5 weeks early and as I was preparing to leave home for an undetermined amount of time I grabbed my media team kit and a few supplies hoping to be able to create while I was out of town.)


 I used the WOS on the handcut heart shape to make the light pink card stock darker to coordinate better with the patterned papers. First I colored the heart with Bubble Gum gelato and wiped with a baby wipe to smooth out the texture. I colored over this with the WOS to deepen the color and add shimmer.  I also used the marker to color some of the hearts in the patterned paper pieces and to edge the "Sweet" title I had cut from one of the papers.
 

I also used the WOS to color directly on a stamp which I stamped randomly in the background.
This adds some pretty shimmer to the stamped images. It's very important to clean the stamp immediately to remove the marker before it dries.These wonderful markers are such fun to use and come in a range of scrumptious colors. They are available at the Little Blue House.
I would love to see what you do with them!


These Wink of Stella Glitter Brushes jazz up any project you are working on! You can now purchase every color of
Wink of Stella at the LBH or in our Online Store!

Our team had sooo much fun creating with this product that we are featuring another whole day on the Blog for this Product Review!
Make sure and subscribe to the Blog & follow along tomorrow with more great tips and inspiration using these Wink of Stella Glitter Brushes!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all these tutorials on how to use WOS on our projects! I just bought a clear one and a gold one...can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and for visiting our blog!