Thursday, February 19, 2015

Be Inspired with Dear Lizzy: Serendipity Embossing Folder

 
Well, good day, Blue House fans!  It's Susan Liles here and I'm kicking off our next feature:
BE INSPIRED WITH DEAR LIZZY

The Dear Lizzy Serendipity product line includes pretty papers and adorable embellishments. Images of cameras, sweet treats, florals, and fun graphic prints are presented in hues of pink, mint, blue, and purple with touches of rose gold.  It's available now at the store, or online HERE.  I loved working with the line--it's right up my alley with all the sweet touches.  Today I want to focus on a fun embossing folder included in the collection.  

One of my first crafty "loves" was embossing folders.  They are quick, easy, on the less expensive side, and pack a BIG punch!  I think that could be where my love of texture on my projects stemmed from, actually.  This folder is called Serendipity (serendipitous name?  I think not!).  It's a great embossing folder and I found a couple of different ways to use it, but I'm sure there are plenty more.  For my project, I decided to make this fun interactive fold-out album from cardstock and several of the Dear Lizzy Serendipity papers and products.

I know some of y'all have a Big Shot or Cuttlebug, maybe even a few embossing folders, but have never used any of it (trust me, y'all divulge these secrets in my classes!).  Also called a form of "Dry Embossing", embossing folders could not be any simpler to use.  You just place your papers directly in them (they open up like a FOLDER--see?  Serendipitous already!), close them back up and run it through your Big Shot or Cuttlebug (or other crank-style or electric die cutting machine).


*** There may be special instructions for using embossing folders with specific machines,
 so be sure and consult your instructions for them first if you're not sure of the "sandwich" to make with different die cutting plates.  ***

Ok, back to the Serendipity folder in particular...this one is full of encouraging words going across it horizontally such as, "Hello, Fearless, Sparks, Ooh, Smile, Enjoy, Congrats", etc.  I loved that I could use the folder on a larger piece of my project and it would just "go" with the theme no matter what I my project was--more bang for the buck, right?

The embossing folder came in handy when I needed a little more texture and had "open" areas to fill that weren't for pictures.  I not only embossed solid papers, but also patterned papers and they both came out beautifully!

And there's that Yellow Wink of Stella pen at work again as well!  I went over the raised areas of the embossing with the glittery pen. 

Here's another look at how I used the embossing folder on my layout from yesterday's post.  I simply stuck a strip of paper in the folder and just used the words I wanted as a little banner piece to tie in with all my other embellishments.  It acts as a great "sub-title" as well!

Ok, here's a few more shots of the completed book.  It's up at the store on display if you'd like to see more details.  ;)  Want a class for it?  Just let us know and we can make that happen!

Stay tuned for tomorrow's post featuring more inspiring ideas from the DEAR LIZZY SERENDIPITY line.  Be sure and stop by The Little Blue House or our Online Store to get your embossing folder, or even the whole Serendipity collection! 

 

3 comments:

  1. This is such an amazing project! I love all the ways you used the Serendipity products, especially the Serendipity embossing folder, plus some more uses for WOS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this interactive book Susan!! ...and now have to have that Embossing Folder :))))))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and for visiting our blog!